- Before You Start
- Illumina HT DNA sequencing equipment
- cBot Cluster Generation System
- Covaris S220 Focused Acoustic Shearer
- Agilent Bioanalyzer Equipment
- Nanodrop Quantification Equipment
- Speed-Vac Concentrator System
- Array Automation's ArrayPlex - Automated/Robotic Instrumentation
- Affymetrix microarrays equipment
- PacBio RS
- Fluidigm C1
- BioNano Irys
UCI GHTF Bioinformatics Affliliates: Experts with interest in bioinformatics collaborations
· Pierre Baldi, PhD, Biological Chemistry; Developmental & Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, email@example.com
Machine learning and other statistical approaches for AI and large-scale data mining, development of chemistry expert systems, prediction of protein properties, computationally screening and designing new drugs and chemical interactions, comparing genomes, and modeling metabolic, signaling, and regulatory networks in systems biology.
Faculty page: http://www.igb.uci.edu/~pfbaldi/
. Karen L. Edwards, PhD, Epidemiology, firstname.lastname@example.org
Genetic epidemiology, epidemiology, study design, statistics, chronic disease (Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, Neurological diseases, cognitive function, melanoma), Gene x environment interactions, data management, ethical, legal and social implications of genomic research for clinical and public health application/translation, big data, personalized medicine.
Faculty page: http://www.faculty.uci.edu//profile.cfm?faculty_id=6052
· J.J. Emerson, PhD, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, email@example.com.
Evolutionary genetics, and experience in the bioinformatics of genome assembly as well as of genetic variation of gene expression and structural variation.
Lab website: http://emersonlab.org/
· Dan Gillen, Statistics, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development of statistical methodology for censored survival data, group sequential methods for the design and analysis of clinical trials, and the analysis of longitudinal data.
Faculty page: http://www.ics.uci.edu/~dgillen/Welcome.html
· Luohua Jiang, PhD, Epidemiology, email@example.com.
Multilevel and Longitudinal Data Analysis, Latent Variable Modeling, Chronic Disease Epidemiology and Prevention, Health Disparities Research.
Faculty page: http://www.faculty.uci.edu//profile.cfm?faculty_id=6109
· Harry Mangalam, PhD, Office of Information Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Large scale visualization, bioinformatics, evolutionary biology, high-throughput sequencing, large scale data processing, compute cluster planning & implementation, system administration, data center planning, and grant preparation.
Faculty page: http://moo.nac.uci.edu/~hjm/Mangalam_2012.html
· Ali Mortazavi, PhD, Developmental & Cell Biology, email@example.com.
Transcriptional Regulation, Genomics, Long-range chromatin interactions, ChIP-seq, RNA-seq.
Lab website: http://crick.bio.uci.edu/
· Trina Norden-Krichmar, PhD, Epidemiology, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quantitative analysis, statistics, genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science.
Faculty page: http://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=6142
· Padhraic Smyth, PhD, Computer Science, email@example.com.
Machine learning, pattern recognition, applied statistics, data mining, information theory and artificial intelligence.
Faculty page: http://www.ics.uci.edu/~smyth/
· Xiaohui Xie, PhD, Computer Science, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computational genomics, computational methods for next-generation sequencing, statistics, and machine learning.
Faculty page: www.ics.uci.edu/~xhx/
· Zhaoxia Yu, PhD, Statistics, email@example.com
Statistics, biostatistics, statistical genetics, bioinformatics, genetic epidemiology
Faculty page: http://www.ics.uci.edu/~zhaoxia/